- Chicken - 1 kg
- Basmati rice soaked in water for 1/2 hr - 3 mugs
- Onions sliced and fried to golden brown - 6 to 8 big
- Whole garam masala -1 tbs
- Mints leave - 5 nos
- Tomatoes chopped - 2
- Green chillies - 2 to 3
- Oil for masala - 2 to 3 cooking spoons
- Salt to taste -
- Potatoes cut in cubes fried -1
Ingredients for marination
- Mint leaves - half bunch
- Corriender leaves - 1/2 bunch
- Green chillies - 6 to 8
- Garlic - 8 cloves
- Ginger -1inch
- Nutmeg - less then 1/2
- All the above masala to be grind into paste
- Youghurt - 1 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 1no
- Red chilli powder - 1 tbs
- Cumin powder -1 tsp
- Corriender powder - 1tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Dum
- Mints leave chopped - 2 tbs
- Corriender leaves chopped - 2 tbs
- Fried onions - 2 to 3 tbs
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Boiled eggs - 3 to 4
- Butter as required
- Saffron colour and saffron dissolved in little water
- Mix the marination ingredients in chicken and leave it for 6 hrs or over night
- Take half of the fried onions and grind it to paste.
- Take enough water in sauce pan for boiling rice. add all the whole garam masala mint leaves and salt.(the rice should be half done meaning parboiled)
- Now heat oil in a sauce pan and add the marinated chicken, tomatoes and green chillies. cover and simmer on low flame or until the chicken is almost half done.
- When the water evaporates from the masala add the onion paste and fried potatoes and fry the masala for 5 mins.
- Now take one handi and make the layers of rice and the masala. put little butter in tha handi then put the rice then put the masala. again the rice then sprinkle the fried onions,choppd mint and corriender leaves,garam masala powder and little butter.follow the same step again from the beginning.in the end put the boiled egg (cut into half) and the saffron water and butter.
- Cover the handi first with aluminium foil and then the lid with placing something heavy on the lid. below the handi keep some tawa and then give keep the biryani for dum for 10 to 15 mins on very low flame.
- When the biryani is done do not mix the biryani just dish it out and serve it with raita.
For Top biryani recipes from various places..... biryanilover.blogspot.com
For SMATV & IPTV system reference and installation instructions please go this site..... onrip.com smatv-iptv.blogspot.com
For Libido related issues and information's browse here........ libidohealth.blogspot.com