- Chicken- 500 grams (medium sized pieces)
- Basmati Rice- 4 cups (washed and soaked)]
- Potatoes- 4 (peeled and cut into halves)
- Curd- 2 cups Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp Onions- 2+1 (chopped finely)
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Garlic- 8 pods
- Green chillies- 5
- Black cardamom- 1
- Bay leaves- 4
- Green cardamom- 4
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Cloves- 5
- Peppercorns- 10
- Saffron- 1 pinch
- Milk- 1 cup
- Rose water- 1tbsp
- Kewra water- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Ghee- 4 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with curd, red chilli power, turmeric and salt.
- Soak saffron and kewra in half a cup of milk each.
- Half cook the rice with bay leaves and black cardamom. You need to cook it for about 10 minutes on low flame.
- Drain away the water and keep the rice aside for the time being.
- Roast the ingredients of garam masala namely, peppercorns, cloves, green cardamom and cinnamon on a dry pan for 30 seconds.
- Let it cool and then grind it into a fine powder.
- Heat oil in deep bottomed pan. Saute 2 chopped onions in it. While the onions cook, grind ginger, garlic and green chillies into a thick paste.
- Add the paste to the pan when the onions turn golden. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Add a spoonful of the garam masala you have prepared.
- Now add the marinated chicken to pan and stir well. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on low flame. Add little water if required.
- As the chicken cooks, deep fry the rest of the chopped onions in 1tbsp ghee. Keep them aside once they are crisp.
- Also fry the potatoes and keep them aside.
- Now take a big metal pot and grease it with ghee. Make one layer of rice. And top it with a layer of chicken gravy and 2 potatoes.
- On top of this sprinkle some garam masala, fried onions, rose water, kewra and saffron (with milk).
- Now make consecutive layers of meat, potato and rice till your ingredients end. The top layer must be of rice. Heat the rest of the ghee and pour it on the top layer.
- Now seal the mouth of the pot with wheat flour dough to tighten the lid and steam from coming out. Cook this on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
For Top biryani recipes from various places..... biryanilover.blogspot.com
For SMATV & IPTV system reference and installation instructions please go this site..... onrip.com smatv-iptv.blogspot.com
For Libido related issues and information's browse here........ libidohealth.blogspot.com